Maybe this is one of those reasons, there’s so much focus, currently, being paid, to filling the vacancy, presently happening on the United States Supreme Court. A Supreme Court Justice is appointed for life (or until he or she retires, voluntarily), and though, these folks, ideally, ought to be fair and unbiased arbiters of the law, etc, it is important to understand, all them, is also human, and stems from particular life experiences, etc.. Let us examine 6 examples of how the Supreme Court of the USA, or SCOTUS, makes an important difference, either actually, or potentially.
1. “Hanging chad” – 2000 Presidential election: once the Presidential election of 2000, involving George W. Bush, and Al Gore, was extremely close, both by a favorite, in addition to electoral vote, standpoint, the contested vote, in Florida, became a substantial issue. 1 issue was counting the ballots, and reviewing, what became known, since the Hanging chad, since the way votes, were performed, they had to punch – out, a specific box, and some of them were hard to differentiate. It needs to be known, at the moment, there was the identical margin, involving so – called, Conservative and Progressive Justices.
2. Presidential powers/ limits: With the retirement of a conservative judge (who occasionally was the so – called, swing – vote), the person, chosen, to replace him, will have a substantial effect, on determining many circumstances. 1 issue, certainly to be discussed, is the dilemma of Presidential powers and authority, and constraints, and because, President Trump, is now, possibly involved in the Russian investigation, his appointing a particular individual, provides a chance of certain conflicts of interest.
3. Free media: Freedom of the Press, is one of our Constitutional guarantees, yet the President, has frequently, suggested (or inferred), his view, in they’re unjust, and fake information. But, independent political fact – checkers, have said, it’s Mr. Trump, who has lied, or made mis – statements, an average of more than 6 times, each day. One could envision circumstances, where this becomes an issue, which the Court, must rule .
4. Roe v Wade: Although, Roe v Wade has become the law, of this property, for several decades, we always hear disagreements, between, those encouraging, a Women’s Right to Choose, instead of the so – called, Right to Life. It’s probable this problem, will once again, appear before the Supreme Court, and so, who the next appointee is, and his taste, will be important, for generations.
5. The Court, is likely to, need to rule on several items, we’ve taken for granted, like the right to equal support, protections, Squirrel Poop
6. Framing America’s future: because this appointee, is appointed for life, and the current nominee is simply 53, he is, on the Court, for decades. Therefore, how this shapes the make – up, of this group, will, likely, frame America;s potential!
Each America should pay keen attention to this circumstance, and carefully think about, why we have to be vigilant, to protect our American freedoms and liberties, not simply, our personal favorites! Wake up, America, before it is too late!